- Ken Fenyo, President, Research & Advisory at at Coresight Research
- Aron Bohlig, Managing Partner at ComCap
- Adrien Nussenbaum, Co-Founder & Co-CEO at Mirakl
- Diego Abba, CEO at Italis
- Tom McFadyen, CEO at McFadyen
Marketplaces have shown better returns on investment than most traditional eCommerce or retail businesses – better internal returns (revenue, profit & customer growth) and better corporate valuations. With all ten of the top ten global retailers, nine of the top ten US retailers, and nine of the top ten eCommerce unicorns all operating marketplaces, it is easy to understand the heavy investment and high valuations seen in the space.
Watch as this panel of the marketplace and financial experts discusses investments, returns, and valuations within the marketplace sphere from both the operator and seller sides. Returns focus on GMV, profit, cost reduction, nimbleness, data, and other benefits. From the operator side, we discuss marketplaces selling physical goods, services, digital goods, and the investment returns being seen by these organizations.