In this report, we explore the key M&A and funding trends of recent years and how they impacted the growing B2C and B2SMB tech ecosystem in Israel. Local tech startups have enjoyed significant growth in recent years and become a synonym for disruption.
US and European strategic and financial investors have increased their M&A and funding interest in Israeli companies. Factors such as Israel’s focus on global markets, active government support, and deep connection with Silicon Valley, New York and other innovation centres have fueled this growth. This trend is evident in the number of acquisitions and the amount of capital raised by Israel startups in the recent years
Our report also highlights the recent deal activity of the Retail Innovation Club members – a powerful community of leaders in the retail industry with an astonishing network of groundbreaking retail brands and exciting retail-tech startups.
- Disruptive innovation across various industries is rapidly changing the global corporate landscape, creating new challenges and opportunities for business
- Organizations such as the Retail Innovation Club, have been responsible for the growing interest in Israeli startups as the Club connects Israel’s retail tech ecosystem to global players
- Major strategics including Mastercard, Linkedin, NielsenIQ, PayPal and Zoomd Technologies have acquired or invested in Israeli startups
- Total funding value ($752m) and deal volume (18) increased ~19% and ~29% y-o-y in H1 2022, respectively
- Israel’s start-up industry is complimented by a rising venture capital market with approximately 70 active venture capital funds, 14 of which are international with offices in Israel