We see the companies in this report as disruptors in their individual sub-sectors driven by the greater adoption of innovative, upcoming technologies.
Our report highlights several trends that energy & utility companies are executing on – supply chain disruptions, new regulatory frameworks, and changing customer expectations have induced energy & utility entities to transform the way energy is produced, delivered, and consumed.
- The global digital utility market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 11.3% during 2020-25 to reach $293BN in 2025, mainly due to growing digitalization and the emergence of several connected devices
- Integrating IoT in energy & utility sectors opens up a world of possibilities ranging from supply chain management to smart metering, distributed microgrids, and advanced automation
- Blockchain is disrupting the energy space and uniting all stakeholders under a decentralized network
- AI & big data deployment is proving to be a true enabler for the energy & utility sectors
- Internet of Energy (IoE) is being increasingly leveraged to enhance energy efficiency
- Oil & gas companies are increasingly leveraging robotics to automate repetitive and laborious tasks
- M&A in North American energy & utility software remained buoyant in the last couple of years with a total of 79 deals since Jan’21
- Akin to the M&A space, private placement funding also remained vibrant over the last two years with 177 deals since Jan’21. However, total deals fell by ~20% YoY in 2022 with 72 deals as compared to 90 in 2021